SR-22, Certificate of Financial Responsibility (CFR)
Documentation issued by the courts to prove that drivers have insurance policies that meet certain standards
known as a “SR-22,” is known as “certificate of financial responsibility” (CFR). SR-22s may be required by a court for a variety of reasons, including:
- Droving without a valid driver’s licence
- Absence of a valid driver’s licence
- DWI/DUI conviction
- There are way too many incidents involving someone else’s negligence or carelessness.
- Repeated infractions occurring within a short period of time (like multiple accidents or moving violations within a several months)
- Non-compliance with a court order to pay child support
- Temporary and restricted driving privileges due to licence suspensions or revocations are granted on a “hardship” licence.